July 25, 2011

A week in a day


I hate to admit it but I have been so bad about cooking lately. When I get home I am tired and not really up to cooking or figuring out what's for dinner. So we have been eating out or mix and matching from the freezer. I however am tired of eating out not to mention the cost. This morning I made a menu for the week all with meals I could "get started" today and just had to add little things on the day we were eating them. I also planned the meals so Steve could take it to work for lunch the next day. So today I made 4 dinner meals and enough for lunches.

Monday: Parmesan crusted chicken, Lime and Cilantro roasted corn, and bib lettuce with EVOO and parmesan cheese

Tuesday: we will be eating out for my Mom and Sisters birthday

Wednesday: Butternut squash soup (I made it today) with little sandwiches I will make that day

Thursday: Spicy shrimp sauce over gluten free pasta ( I made the sauce today but didn't add the shrimp when I reheat it I will add them then, and also cook the pasta that night)

Friday: we will eat left overs or have a date night since we have missed it the last 5 weeks.

I also made my sister a HUGE pot of chicken soup from scratch and all. (I make my own broth and everything) It's the best

I also got 6 loads of laundry done and cleaned the house. I feel so accomplished. GO ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts