December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend part II (Thanksgiving day)

The first night was let's just say MISERABLE! Makayla did not want to sleep. She decided it was play time. I mean why not? She had her Mom, Dad, and Nenny all in the same room with her, she was in a Pack N Play (P-N-P) she could very easily get out of and we were on vacation who needs sleep right! WRONG.
Makayla fell asleep around midnight laying in bed with Steve and I and watching Nemo so I slipped her in her P-N-P. When she woke up at 3:00 AM she freaked out. She didn't know where she was and she kept screaming "NEMO NEMO" so in hopes that she would fall back asleep we turned it on....NOPE no sleep, she watched the whole thing. She finally fell asleep at 6:00am and was back up at 8:00am. Needless to say Steve and I and Nenny were not ready to get up. Since my Mom and Kevin have a bedroom with a door they didn't hear to much of her screaming. So they got up with her and spent the morning exploring the camp grounds, fishing, and playing on the beach, before our 2:00pm Thanksgiving meal reservations!

This is her on the fishing pier. (how cute is this outfit? I love it)
Running around burning off steam.
Carrying Grandpa's fishing pole
Such a big helper
Giving Grandpa Kisses!!!!!
On the beach across from the camp grounds
Oh look who got out of bed..Me finally! See me in the background?
M and I playing in the sand
Makayla finally napped around 1:00 when we took her on a LONG car ride. Then we got dress in our nice Thanksgiving attire and walked across the street for Thanksgiving.... It was so nice not to have to cook, clean, prepare and stress over the meal. We all sat down and let someone else do all the work. ( I forgot the camera by the way...sorry) We had a wonderful afternoon just hanging out with the family....after dinner we played on the beach for a bit went on a walk and just relaxed all in all it was a beautiful day. I am so THANKFUL I had this time to spend with my family, I couldn't ask for more!
Steve, Jenn, Mom and I ended the night with a glass of wine some fancy chocolates we had bought the day before and a game of mexican train...

Makayla and Grandpa ended the day with a glass of milk, cookies and a movie...

Neither of them lasted very long!!!!
(side note Makayla slept perfectly the rest of the nights so we got to stay all 4 days!!!!!)
Day 3 and 4 will be up soon so make sure to check back, we took a fun detour on the way home that I can't wait to tell you about!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh i love that outfit too!!! so cute! and her pigtails are always precious :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts