February 1, 2010

Menu for this week

So this week I wanted to try shopping for 2 weeks instead of just 1. With the possibility of going to the produce market early next week to get our weekly fresh fruit and veggies the rest I wanted to only shop 1 time for the next 2 weeks. I looked at the Publix flyer online and saw what was Buy 1 Get 1 free and what was on sale and I planned my menus around that and the coupons I had. I did FANTASTIC! I only spent $218.57 and I saved $42.26! How awesome is that? I say $218.57 for 2 weeks of meals, a few lunches and some other goodies is not that bad!!!

So here is my menu for this week:
Monday: Oven roasted pork chops with crisp Potatoes and steamed
asparagus (real simple cookbook (rscb)
Tuesday: Light Shrimp Newburg served on brown rice (RR Mag)
Wednesday: Prosciutto and Brie sandwiches with Cantaloupe soup(rscb)
Thursday: Brown sugar and garlic chicken with Roasted Broccoli (me!)
Friday: Linguine with artichoke hearts and leeks(rscb)
Saturday: BLT's and Tomato soup(who needs a cookbook for that?)

MMMM I also bought the stuff to make yummy lemon bars!!!

Then next week I have planned:
Chicken Devine(me) You guys are going to love this recipe it will be TTYBT but next week!!!
Soy glazed Salmon with Whole Wheat noodles and green beans(rscb)
Blacked fish Tacos(its good for you PC)
Steaks and a veggie
and what ever might carry over from the week before if we decide to eat out or 1 night might be left overs.
I am not one to buy a lot of junk, or boxed products, or things with trans fats and high fructose corn syrup BUT this week I took a recommendation from my Dad and bought Golden Oreos. I tasted one today and he was right those things are pretty darn yummy. Once in a while it doesn't hurt right?

Do you have any money saving tips this week? Are you trying to spend less and save money??? Feel free to share your ideas with us all here in the comment section on my blog its fun and easy!!!! Happy shopping and check back tomorrow for Tickle you Taste Buds Tuesday...it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts