August 10, 2011

Who doesn't LOVE quiche???

This recipe is so quick and easy and you can make it the day before and just reheat when you are ready for it!

Chicken, Broccoli, and Mushroom quiche


Ingredients 
2 frozen pie crust (or homemade but who has time for that?)
1 pack of chicken breast cut into very small pieces
1 small onion chopped
1 8oz pack of mushrooms sliced 
1 small bag of frozen broccoli
12 eggs
and LOTS of freshly shredded cheese (what ever kind you like)
You can add or change any of these ingredients to what you and your family like.

Heat the olive oil 
Saute the onion and chicken (season Salt and Pepper)
when the chicken is cooked add the mushrooms and cook to release the water 2-4 minutes
add the frozen broccoli (I just put it on top and cover so it just slightly steams, I do not like my broccoli overcooked) 
I use 6 full eggs and 6 egg whites just to make it a little healthy (LOL) 
I whisk in some goat cheese (some people use heavy cream but I am watching the calories)
Poke and heat the room temperature pie crust for 4 minutes
Spoon the chicken and veggie mixture into the pie shell (not the liquid)
Pour the egg mixture over the chicken, veggie until the crust is full
Top heavily with your favorite shredded cheese (i just used little pieces from what was in the fridge)
Bake for 35-45 minutes in a 400-425 oven 
until its golden brown and firm through the middle!

I will serve this tomorrow night for dinner. Just reheat at 350 for about 20 minutes
We will have fruit and a simple salad on the side! 

I even made one for my Mom!!! 

This is a perfect meal for a get together or brunch! It's quick and easy and you can make it ahead of time! Let me know if you make it and what you stuffed yours with! 

You can also make this crustless in an oven safe pan!
 

1 comment:

  1. i am printing this recipe off to try it soon!!! i LOVE quiche.

    and M looks precious in her cotton candy outfit! very creative momma!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts