February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's day!

Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment  

Love….. love is a funny thing. You can't live without ever loving someone or something. Love can break your heart & make you cry, it can make your heart flutter and make you smile. Love is a part of our everyday life yet we only have 1 day designated to celebrating  the ones we love. 

As a child Valentine's day was fun. I would awake on Valentine's morning to a little box of chocolates and a stuffed animal sitting in my breakfast spot. As a teenager and adult I never really liked Valentine's day. I never really had a bad Valentine's day just never really got into it! In high school if you didn't have a boyfriend and all the girls were getting flowers and candy and stuff you just felt bad about your self.  As an adult if you didn't do enough for your loved one you felt bad about yourself.  Why would anyone want to go through all this. 

Steve and I have been together for over 15 years we have had our fare share of Valentine's days apart and together! We have never really gone all out for Valentine's day. We choose to celebrate our love everyday instead of just one day! But now that I have children Valentine's day is fun again!

Makayla and I decorated the house with candy heart in all the candle holders,  we made warm fuzzies for  everyone, we glued pink and red glitter to almost everything that was standing still.  This past weekend we made strawberry pink cupcakes, with pink frosting covered in pink sprinkles! We've been reading Valentine's books for over a month now and last night we filled out all the Valentine's for her class mates. She will bring pink covered pretzels and fun cups to school today. 

Makayla does not yet have a boyfriend, though she tells me all the time she is going to wear a white dress one day and marry Daddy because he is her "Charming".  I hope she never looses site of these days and that we are making happy memories for her. I hope she is always filled with love and hope and never has to experience heart break or loneliness. ( I know I would have to put her in a bubble for this to happen)  As a mom I only want the good for my children. I want them to see how happy Steve and I are and that marriage, love and relationships is not something that just happens but something you have to work at everyday! And yes hopefully one day her real prince charming will come and sweep her off her feet but for now I think Daddy is the perfect Charming filled with love and laughs for his little princess! 

Makayla and Jackson Daddy and I love you to the moon and back!!!

Happy Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts