February 10, 2012

Jackson's birth story

The morning of Friday January 13th 2012 I woke up around 4:00am with some pretty strong contractions but went back to sleep until about 6:00am. I told Steve he may not be going to work that day but to start getting  Makayla ready for school and I was going to rest for a few minutes. When I stood up all I could do was grab the wall I was in so much pain. 
Steve couldn't find the right shirt for Makayla so he called me in her room where he jumped out of the closet and scared me! As he walked out I felt a flush of fluid and knew it was time to go to the hospital.  We called my sister to take Makayla to school and on to the hospital we went.

We checked in around 9:30am. I was 3cm and my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart.
They got me into a room and Kasie, my Mom and I started walking the hallway to strengthen the contractions.  Throughout the day I moved around the room from the bed to the yoga ball and back to the bed. We had music playing in the back ground as we breathed and focused through the day. Around 3:00 they started pitocin to get things moving. I was about 5cm. The contractions were getting really strong but I was focused on fighting through them. 

Around 5:00pm I was 7cm and having a very hard time dealing the pain of the contractions. At around 6:00pm I finally decided it was time for an epidural! It seems like it took them forever to get there and get it in but at 6:45pm I was finally relaxed and only feeling a slight tightness every 30 seconds to a minute.
Michele my amazing midwife came in at 7:30 to check me. When she did he was ready to come out. She turned the lights on got on her scrubs and 3 pushes later Jackson Thomas Bower was born at 7:54pm. He weight in at 6lbs 10.8oz and 19inches long.  He had a good amount of dark hair and a very tiny cry! 

I remember thinking how tiny he was and how much he looked like Makayla when she was born only smaller. 

I could not have gotten through the day without some very special people! Steve was amazing doing whatever I needed. Kasie kept me focused and comfortable. She was an awesome coach and I am proud to call her my Best Friend! My Mom was my silent strength that day! I think all day we both wanted to cry every time we looked at each other but instead drew strength from one another. She got to see Jackson born and that is a memory neither of us will every forget! My Sister who made sure my other precious baby was taken care of, and ready to meet her baby brother. Knowing Makayla was taken care of and involved that day was just as important as knowing Jackson was ok! I am so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life! 

Since the day Jackson was born I feel so complete! I never felt that way after Makayla was born…I guess in my heart I knew we would have one more.  Steve and I could not be more thankful that we have 2 healthy children and a strong marriage.  Here are a few photos from Jackson's birth-day


Steve Cutting the cord
Jackson Thomas

Seeing mommy and daddy for the first time

What a beautiful boy


Proud parents

Weighing in at 6lbs 10.8oz


Foot Prints

Proud GrandMom

When Makayla first came in a saw her brother I cried and had a feeling in my heart like never before.  Seeing my 2 children together for the first time was a feeling I cannot describe. The love they have for each other from the very first moment is amazing. I hope it last a lifetime!


Our first picture as a family of 4

Surrounded by so much love

Nenny holding him for first time


Makayla got a special BIG SISTER bracelet! 
Thanks for sharing in our story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts