January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

Steve and I are not very big on going out for New Year's Eve. We would rather be at home with our kids celebrating the start of a new year. This year we had friends over to help celebrate. What a great night!!!! We had great food, champagne, wonderful company. I could not have asked for a better way to start the new year! Makayla actually made it to midnight this year! It's the first time ever! Last year she fell asleep about 10 minutes before the ball dropped but this year she did IT!!! So did Jackson but sadly this didn't surprise me….he hates to sleep! 
I got sparkling apple cider and glittered up rims on champagne glasses for Ashely and Makayla so they would feel like part of the party! Makayla loves being one of the "big" girls!  Shortly after midnight she was OUT!!!! Jackson on the other hand…. 
Matt, Jackson, Jenn Emily, Ashley, Me, Makayla, Steve
Big Girl making it to 12:00!
First family photo of 2014
A few nights later we went out to celebrate and toast to a new year! My phone also didn't make it past 2013 as that evening it ended up shattered! I needed a new one anyway. These are the first photos I took! WOW what a difference, I love it!



Happy New Year to all our friends and family! We have been blessed beyond belief this past year. We defiantly had our struggles and at times were tested to the limit, but we stuck together and made it through and that is what matters. My kids are healthy, our marriage gains strength daily, my patience is tested and we all survive it.  Our family of four is my focus this coming year, I want a healthier relationship with my kids, my husband and myself.  I have new goals and fresh start….so with one step in front of the other here I go, making this year a year I can look back on and say" I did it! I am healthy, I have healthy relationships, I made a difference for myself and my family!!!! Here's to us to be the best we can be in 2014!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts