August 24, 2009

Tickle Your Taste Buds Tuesday X 2


Fresh Fruit Salad
As summer is coming to an end and school is beginning for some. We are taking in these last days of summer sunshine. BBQs with friends, and relax before the rush of the fall and holidays begin. I found this quick and easy recipe and changed it up with the fruit I like. It is perfect for an after school snack, a side dish for a BBQ, or just a yummy treat.
Remember you can change the fruit to what ever you like. This is just the fruit I used.

1 apple
1 pear
1 peach
1 kiwi
20 grapes

Cut up all the fruit in bite size pieces, and toss with lemon from half a lemon.

1/2 cup -1cup of low fat vanilla yogurt (depending on how much fruit you have)
honey (to taste)
Cinnamon
Mix together these 3 and pour the mixture over the fruit and toss.

It is so good. I hope you enjoy it has become a huge hit here at our house!

Ohh but wait there's more!

Spicy Ranch Pretzels

Since the first recipe was so easy I decided to do 2 in 1 day. I know you are super excited! This one is super easy too.
1 bag of pretzels (sometimes I use the no salt ones)
1 packet of ranch dip mix
1/2 cup of canola oil
1 tsp-1tbsp red pepper flakes

Dump the pretzels in a bowl with a lid. Pour on the oil and toss the pretzels, sprinkle the ranch, toss really good until they are all coated,sprinkle the pepper flakes, toss again.
Cover tightly and toss every now and then through out the day. Keep tossing over the next few days but you can start eating them as soon as they are all coated.

HINT they get HOTTER as they sit. So if at first they don't taste hot enough give them a day or so and they will be perfect.

These are yummy and easy and a great snack.

Do you have a recipe you want to share? Email me at slbower(at)gmail(dot)com, or leave me a comment below. I am always looking for new recipe ideas. Let me know if you try this one or you have a suggestion.
Did you miss out on a past recipes? Just click on the picture at the top of this post or in the right side bar and you can see them all. Give one a try tonight there are some good ones! Make sure to check back every Tuesday for a new recipe and don't forget to let me know if you try one.

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch that the pretzels are AWESOME!!! Delicious:) I will try that fruit salad this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I am going to try these out....good beach food!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts