October 6, 2009

Tickle Your Taste Buds Tuesday


My Recipes from ME to YOU

Pumpkin Swirl Cheese Cake Bars
Ok Ok I have to admit I took the easy way out this week and did a little copy and pasting. AHHHH I know but that is because I spent my time making these delicious bars so I could try and them and pass the recipe along to you. I got the recipe from the Kraft Magazine I get for free. (I guess you have to pay for it now) BUT all the recipes are in there archives for free so just go there! They have a lot of really good budget friendly meals the whole family will love. I haven't done a dessert in a really long time and with it being fall and all I though you might like these. Let me know what you think.
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
25-35 Ginger Snaps, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/2 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash ground cloves

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix ginger snap crumbs, pecans and butter; press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.

BEAT cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Remove 1-1/2 cups plain batter; place in small bowl. Stir remaining 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin and spices into remaining batter. Spoon half of pumpkin batter into crust; top with spoonfuls of half of reserved plain batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect.

BAKE 55 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 slices. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Do you have a recipe you want to share? Email me at slbower(at)gmail(dot)com, or leave me a comment below. I am always looking for new recipe ideas. Let me know if you try this one or you have a suggestion.

Did you miss out on a past recipes? Just click on the picture at the top of this post or in the right side bar and you can see them all. Give one a try tonight there are some good ones! Make sure to check back every Tuesday for a new recipe and don't forget to let me know if you try one and what spin you put on to make it your own!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try them. They look so good. How did they taste with the ginger snap cookies? As soon as I can get the pumpkin roll recipe from my mom I will e-mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM YUMMMM. Can't wait to make these suckers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts