March 20, 2010

St. Patrick's day Meal

Since Makayla was still not feeling well and I stayed home from work to take care of her we decided to stay in this year. Makayla and I made the traditional Corned beef and cabbage for Steve to enjoy when he got home.
My little leprechaun!
First layer in the crock pot
Washed small red potatoes.
Carrots
Thinly sliced onions, garlic powder, S&P
The star of the show
The Corned beef and its seasoning packet
Then I poured a box of chicken stock and let it cook all day.When the meat was ready I took it out and shredded it up and then put it back in the crock pot and sliced up the cabbage and laid it on top about 3 hours before we were ready to eat!
This is the finished pot
Steve LOVED it and so did Makayla. It tried it. It was good but not something I would eat all the time. Though it was easy enough I think it will be a new tradition in the Bower house!

The next day I made a Mexican chicken soup in the crock pot that was delish but I didn't take any pictures. I will however post that recipe soon. It is a must try!

So a few days late Happy St. Patty's day Hope you didn't get pinched to much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts