July 24, 2010

Good Bye Baby, Hello Big Girl

For the last few weeks Makayla has had a really hard time sleeping. She was coming into our room all through out the night and waking up super early. She was grumpy all day and seemed tired all the time. At first I though maybe she was having a growth spurt. Then I realized she wasn't sleeping well. She has been in a toddler bed since about 20 months. So since I just redid her room 4 months ago I wanted to stick with the same theme.

One day I called Steve and said "I can't take it anymore she is getting a big girl bed TONIGHT" So now Makayla is all comfy and cozy in a full size bed. Since night 1 she has slept through the night and is even back to sleeping in, in the morning. It's so nice! It took us a while to figure out how to fit everything in her room but it fits and looks great. Above all Makayla LOVES her room and her new bed!
I stayed with the same Owl theme just moved some things around. And bought the bright colored quilt so I am hoping it will stay even if we change the theme later on down the road.
This is her book shelf that holds some of her books but she only wants to read Fancy Nancy right now. She is Obsessed with those books!!!

" I hope you like my new room! I sure do! Thanks Mom and Dad. Love Makayla"

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! she is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is growing up way to fast.....I just love having her come play..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE her new big girl room! looks so colorful & fun :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts