July 11, 2010

Veggie Frittata


So for the last 6 weeks or more Steve and I have been eating No or Very low carb. We are both doing very well. My sister and Mom have also been eat low carb as well and together we have lost the amount of Teeny Bopper Teenager who wears her shorts to short and her shirt to low cut! Away back to eating low carb. My sister and I invested in the South Beach Diet Cookbook to get ideas, books.jpgand Wow there are some good ones!

I took the Asparagus and red pepper Frittata with Goat Cheese and made it my own the other night. It was so good, I will be making this one again for sure. Remember you can change to whatever veggies you want!


1/2 can of artichoke hearts (in water) sliced

2-3 roasted re peppers (in the jar) sliced

1/2 green bell pepper diced

Mushrooms I would say half a small pack (take the stems off and slice thin)

1 onion chopped

Garlic chopped

Goat Cheese

Egg Substitute (or you can use real eggs but it was quicker for me this way)


Melt a little smart balance butter in a non stick oven safe skillet Saute the onions and garlic

add the mushrooms and cook just until soft.

add in the artichokes and roasted red peppers cook just until warm

add in the green bell pepper and cook for a minute or two

Poor in the egg substitute until in covers just to the top of veggies, dot with little pieces of goat cheese on top.

Cook over medium heat without stirring until the egg sets about 12 -14 minutes

and then put in the oven on a high heat(450) for about 3-5 minutes and then under the broiler until the top is set and the cheese is browning and bubbly. Take it out of the oven and let it sit for a minute or two and then divide into 4 big slices.

We ate ours over plain baby mixed greens. It was delicious and filling and even better left over.

I hope you try it. It was really good and super easy.

Remember to change it out to whatever veggies your like. You could even add Canadian bacon or cooked chicken if you like.

Here is a picture I took with my phone. It's not a very good picture but at least you can get the idea.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts