July 14, 2009

Tickle Your Taste Buds Tuesday


Summer grilled Veggie Salad

Remember when I first started my blog and I had my recipes in the right side bar? I first posted this recipe there. I have since then gotten a few request for this recipe so I wanted to add it in so that if you want it later on you an click the icon that is now in the right side bar and it will be in the collection of recipes.


This is one of my favorites. There are a few steps but it’s really easy. You can serve it as a main dish just add some chicken or shrimp. Or as a side to your favorite meal.


1 bunch of asparagus
1 container of mushrooms
1 container of cherry or grape tomatoes
garlic
evoo
sugar
Salt and Pepper (S&P)
Favorite seasoning----I use Mrs. Dash and a Italian seasoning blend
Lettuce(I like to use spinach or mixed greens)
Goat cheese or your favorite soft white cheese
Sliced almonds

Dressing
Splash of white balsamic vinegar
Lemon Zest and juice
S&P
Green onions
Dijon mustard
Evoo

Cut the asparagus and mushrooms into bit size pieces toss in evoo, a little pepper, lemon zest and Mrs. Dash.
Lay evenly on a bar pan and and roast at 350 for about 15-20 min. You want the asparagus to still be crunchy but cooked through.
After they are cooked remove from pan and refrigerate.
Cut tomatoes in half length wise and toss with Italian seasonings, evoo, 3 cloves crushed garlic, (I like a lot of garlic) and salt & pepper and I sometimes add a little crushed red pepper. lay out evenly on the bar pan you already cooked the other veggies on. sprinkle with a small amount of sugar (it helps them caramelize)
Roast them at 350 until they burst. About 45 mins or so. You can stir them after about 30 mins. When they are done you can cool them as well but you can serve them warm also.

For the dressing you just whisk everything together.
Toss just the lettuce with the dressing then layer in the veggies and then the tomatoes.
Top with slices of goat cheese and sliced almonds.
This salad is really good to serve at a party and you can make everything ahead of time. If you are bringing it to a party, dress the lettuce and layers it all together once you get there.

This is one I made up hope you enjoy


Do you have a recipe you want to share? Email me at slbower(at)gmail(dot)com, or leave me a comment below. I am always looking for new recipe ideas. Let me know if you try this one or you have a suggestion.
Did you miss out on a past recipes? Just click on the picture at the top of this post or in the right side bar and you can see them all. Give one a try tonight there are some good ones! Make sure to check back every Tuesday for a new recipe and don't forget to let me know if you try one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a recipe for tasty summer grilled veggies! Thanks for sharing, Sheryl. I came across your blog via blogher and I thought you might be interested in the blogger tools we have at Foodista. If you'd like to learn more, please visit us @ http://www.foodista.com/static/Blogger%20Tools

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts