August 19, 2013

First day of school!

I cannot believe I have a kindergartener. How is my first born baby girl old enough to be in Kindergarten? How I am old enough to have a baby that old? UGH!!! What a bittersweet day this is!

At the beginning of the summer I was so stressed about how I was going to get through the next 3 months with both kids at home all day.  I was so wrong. I enjoyed every moment of the last few months. We swam, hung with friends, played at the park, watched movies, spent many days on the slip and slide, and enjoyed our summer to the fullest!
Makayla has grown to be such a sweet, loving, fun, caring beautiful, young girl and I couldn't be more proud of her. She is strong willed, vibrant, and full of life. She is fast paced, and loves to be on the go….what can I say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! I always tell her she can move mountains if she tries hard enough and one day she will!
Makayla is ready for kindergarten, mama on the other hand not so much. She is a little person in a BIG school and to me that's scary, but to her it's exciting and fun! I am proud to say neither of us shed tears when we said good bye this morning. Now when I got home was a different story. The day seemed to drag on and I found myself watching the clock wondering what she was doing and if she was ok. Turns out she rocks at kindergarten, but why am I not surprised!

1st day of Kindergarten
My beautiful girl!
Ready to rock this day!

Cooper and Makayla ready for the first day

Jackson and I got to walk Makayla to class the first day. Jackson just wanted to get out and play
At her seat ready for her day
Makayla I am so proud of you and who you are! You made it through your first day with flying colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts