May 10, 2009

My 1st Mother's day...

....in ONE word.....PERFECT

Remember these picture from September of last year? Makayla was only 3 months old. This was her first time in the pool. She was not crazy about it nor should she have been, it was a little young for her to be in the pool but I wanted to start her early. What was I thinking?



Well this was her today!

YES! We have matching Suits. She was Kicking Like a champ
She did not like being dunked...


but she loved her new float. She kicked all around the pool.

It took her a little bit to get used to the water but when she did she LOVED it. She was kicking all around and floating in her float we even put a baby pool in the pool and floated around.

She was splashing and playing. She had a great time and took an awesome nap when she was done.
Today was my first Mother's day and what a wonderful day it was! We spent the day in the pool and relaxing at my Mom's. I got lots of wonderful cards, phone calls, and text messages. I spent the day with the most beautiful gift I have ever received, my wonderful Makayla. Tonight when I rocked her to sleep as we said our prayers I gave her a few extra kisses, held her a little longer and sang her our song. As I looked down at her sleepy eyes I started to get tears. She is the most amazing gift from God. It still sometimes feels so surreal. I feel so special to be her mom. I hope I can do half the job my Mom has done for me. I am so honored to be able to share Mother's day with my mom and my baby.
Mom thank you for all you do for us. We love and appreciate you more then you will ever know. I hope all the Mom's enjoyed there day as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful mother....thank you so much for your tearful words...I love you and you are doing a fantastic job raising Makayla.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I want to hear your thoughts